Grad School is Not adhering to the "Tina Rule"

Posted by Teen Bean

Its simple... i have one steadfast rule i live by... the week consisted of 5 day... during those 5 days i will do whatever work/ get as little sleep/ go as crazy as is required to make life possible and be responsible. But at the healthy stroke of 5pm on Friday the work (in all of it forms be it job, school, home, or relationship drama) ends...


I take a shower... find my favorite black item from my wardrobe, put on some dangle earrings, apply smoking eye make up that will last the weekend, and top it off with my famous Pink lotion and perfume and then... and only then, I start to live! The Tina Rule is simple... DON'T WORK... DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WORK... from friday at 5pm to Sunday at midnight.

This rule has seen me through every stage of my life... it totally worked in high school (can i get a woop woop for all the weekend madness that went down at my friend Corals house!!), to an even better process in college (talk about getting the party started... Ladies you know who you are... and that crew understood the Tina Rule and totally dominated life with it!!), to my time in England (where the level of hanging out was taken to an unknown level... boys remember how you just would hang out until the wee hours of the morning!?!? and i lived for beers and smokes on the curb!)... it just does me good.

That weekend time is like my energizer bunny fix.... that will keep me hopping through the rest of the week till my next weekend...

so would someone please explain to me how yesterday, after faithfully applying the Tina Rule to my weekend... i found myself cheating and checking my school website to prepare for my week, only to discover that some how a paper had been assigned and posted and made due Saturday night, in which i had 30 min to read a paper and write a reflection!?!?

Do these people not understand me or what!?!? i've had it up to my eyeballs and fire is raging in my soul!! Its enough to make us read thousands of pages on globalization and how cultures can be paralleled to software downloaded into our minds, to having to complete a 200 page workbook dedicated solely to the murdering of my intelligence by having page after page after page of grammatical rules revolving around dangling participles, modifiers, and the effing name of long to short dashes!!!!

They slowly are killing my Tina Rule and with it my very soul! AND they don't even care! this week we have a second round of classes... you guessed it, OVER THE WEEKEND!

And yes i volunteered for this... damn i even paid for this... why do i keep torturing myself... there has got to be a better way to live the way i want with out breaking my Tina Rule!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This entry was posted on Monday, October 12, 2009 at Monday, October 12, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

This comment has been removed by the author.
October 13, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Tina I agree that homework should not be allowed to be due on a weekend. That is rough. I miss our days working at shopko by day and hanging out by night. Remember Chris Duffy called us the entourage. ha good times.

October 13, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Post a Comment