out of control

Posted by Teen Bean

Went for Thai Food tonight. It was in this little town outside of Seattle. I met about 10 co-workers. As we were having dinner, the conversation ended up going really deep and talking about how young girls can be sexually abused/taken advantage of.


The shock was really hard to take in. In school we have been reading loads about vulnerable children and the horrible conditions they are subjected to. I have been blowing through the readings, because I refused to put a face to any of these children or their situations.

Tonight at dinner all those children started having faces and started being friends daughters, co-workers children, my cousins baby girl... I got so angry I went quiet.

How could God let this happen? I mean seriously??? I know the textbook answer is that God doesn't want hurt to happen, that its just a result of a broken world... but for some reason when young girls I know are getting raped, that answer doesn't measure up.

I am so angry that it hurts, I'm so sad that i makes me mad, I'm so annoyed that it makes me cry.

I can't answer this one. Praying a bit earlier I get that the emotions I am feeling are shallow in comparison to what God feels for his hurting children... but why the eff is there still so much pain? i feel like the world is spinning out of control and there is no one strong enough or gentle enough to stop it in a way that will leave any of us as survivors...

Is there any sanity in this messed up world????

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at Tuesday, September 28, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Love you girl ;) The world is broken indeed but the broken places are exactly where grace and love thrive!

September 29, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I don't think that's a question we will ever have a satisfactory answer for this side of Heaven. :/

I'm gonna agree with Alex on this one.

September 29, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Post a Comment