my heart might be 3 sizes to small

Posted by Teen Bean


I'm getting ready to graduate from my master's program... starting to think about the work I can do... or maybe want to do is a
better way to say it.... What avenues do I go down... What are my real interest?

I've obviously been exposed to loads of incredible people over the last 3 years. And as I begin to face my future I wonder if my heart is really ready for it. how can you know what your heart can handle? As I sat around a friends dinner table to night and heard about what people dream of, where they want to go, who they want to be... I wondered... is my heart to small?

I've been interviewing some astounding community leaders, church planters, and all out amazing selfless people? When I finish these interview I'm amazing by how much people with passion can accomplish. Again I ask myself, is my heart to small?

The vulnerable, the unemployed, the forgotten, the wronged, the addicted, the underdeveloped, the annoying ... working in these types of context are going to brush me up against pain, stubbornness, hate, apathy, brokenness, hunger, theft, injustice, burn out... is my heart to small?

how does one grow their heart?

This entry was posted on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at Saturday, January 29, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

"I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Just by being connected to the vine I guess ;)

February 5, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Post a Comment